To support the continuing development of the British Columbia grape growing industry, stressing quality, profitability, and sustainability.
THE OBJECTIVES OF THE BCGA ARE TO:
Build a strong and involved organization to support grape growers in BC
- Educate and inform grape growers about vinicultural and IPM practices, price and acreage statistics, and marketing of grapes.
- Build strong relationships with internal and external industry stakeholders and cooperate with governments at all levels, wineries, wine & grape growing related industries, and other horticulture organizations.
- Work towards stable & profitable markets for British Columbia grapes & wine.
THE BCGA REPRESENTS GROWERS IN MATTERS SUCH AS:
- Plant Import Regulations
- Risk Management Programs such as Crop Insurance & CAIS
- Farm Practices topics
- Rural/urban land use issues
- Water use & conservation discussions
- Environmental Farm Planning Program
- Update to the BCMAL Cost of Establishing a Vinifera Vineyard
THE BCGA HAS REPRESENTATION ON THE:
- BC Wine Grape Council
- Wine Growers BC
- Interior Horticultural Sector Group (BC Agriculture Council)
THE BCGA SUPPORTS AND PROVIDES ADMINISTRATION FOR THE:
- Starling Control Program and it’s steering committee
OUR ORGANIZATION’S COMMITTEES INCLUDE:
- Crop Insurance Advisory
We organize an annual Grower Day in April with speakers & topics of interest to grape growers.
The British Columbia Grapegrowers’ Association is a non-profit organization that represents all commercial wine grape producers in British Columbia on agricultural issues and concerns. We work with other industry organizations, with provincial and federal agricultural organizations and all levels of government to represent, promote and advance the interests of all wine grape growers in British Columbia.
Membership with the British Columbia Grape Growers’ Association is entirely voluntary and funding for the Association is from the annual membership fees, currently set at $150 per year for full membership and associate membership. A person who is a grapegrower is entitled to be a Full Member. A grapegrower is defined in our bylaws as someone who grows grapes on a commercial basis either for that party’s own use in processing of wine or for sale to third parties. Any person who is not a grapegrower, but who has a vested interest in the BC grape and wine industry may apply to become an Associate Member.
Our Board is elected annually by our members at our Annual General Meeting and Grower Day.
BCGA BYLAWS & CONSTITUTION
If you’d like to read the BCGA Bylaws & Constitution it can be found here: BCGA Bylaws & Constitution