Salads and Salsas
Try this delicious salsa with grilled chicken, meat or fish. If you cut the fruit into ½ inch (1 cm) cubes, this salsa makes a tasty dessert.
- 1 cup (250mL) Okanagan Coronation grapes, halved
- ½ cup (125 mL) chopped honeydew melon
- ½ cup (125 mL) chopped fresh pineapple
- ½ cup (125 mL) chopped Granny Smith apples
- ¼ cup (50 mL) peach nectar
- 1 tbsp chopped mint
- mint leaves for garnish
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients except mint leaves.
- Marinate for 1 hour.
- Serve over grilled chicken, meat or fish and garnish with mint leaves.
- Makes 2½ cups (625 mL)
- 2 stalks celery cut into ¼" slices
- 1 large Granny Smith apple cut into cubes
- 1 cup BC Grapes
- ¼ cup dried apricots cut into quarters
- 2 Tbsp. sliced almonds
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. apple juice or apple cider
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toast almonds in small pan with a little oil.
- In a medium size bowl combine the celery slices, apple cubes, grapes and apricots.
- Stir in mayonnaise and apple juice until well mixed.
- Season to taste. Cover, refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve on bed of lettuce leaves or in small salad bowls.
- Top with toasted almonds.
- 2 cups British Columbia grapes, cut in half & seeds removed
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 jalapeno chili, chopped and seeded
- ¼ cup snipped cilantrol
- 4 tbsp. toasted silver almonds
- 1 pinch of salt
- ⅛ tsp. cayenne pepper
- Mix all ingredients; let stand for one hour before serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Post Office Box 1138,
Penticton, BC, V2A 6J9
EMAIL: contact form
PHONE: 1 877 762 4652