- 2 cups British Columbia Grapes
- ⅔ cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- dash British Columbia Red Wine
- Heat grapes in a non-reactive pan (or microwave) until just before boiling.
- Let sit for 15 - 20 minutes to extract pigments from skins.
- Put through a sieve or cheesecloth to extract juice.
- Mix juice with sugar and cornstarch.
- Heat until boiling point and simmer until clear and thickened.
- Remove from heat and add wine.
- Serve warm and enjoy.
Syrup can be refrigerated and rewarmed in microwave.
A delicious dessert that couldn't be easier to make. Kids especially love layering fruits in fancy glasses.
- 4 cups (1000 mL) Okanagan Coronation grapes
- 1 cup (250 mL) sour cream, stirred
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) brown sugar
- Optional garnish: fresh mint sprigs
- Add ½ cup (125 mL) of grapes to parfait or stemmed goblets and top with 2 tbsp (30 mL) sour cream.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar. Repeat layers and refrigerate.
- Chill before serving.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint, if desired.
Post Office Box 1138,
Penticton, BC, V2A 6J9
EMAIL: contact form
PHONE: 1 877 762 4652