Okanagan Grape Conserve
- 4 cups BC Grapes
- 2 oranges
- 1 cup seeded washed raisins
- 2⅔ cups white sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (can omit)
- Wash grapes, slice oranges thin, remove any seeds.
- Add grapes, orange slices and raisins and sugar.
- Boil over medium heat until thick.
- Add nuts. Put into hot and sterilized jars.
- Process in hot water bath 20-25 minutes after water comes to the boil.
- Very nice on toast or pancakes, waffles, etc.
- 2 cups British Columbia Grapes
- ⅔ cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- dash British Columbia Red Wine
- Heat grapes in a non-reactive pan (or microwave) until just before boiling.
- Let sit for 15 - 20 minutes to extract pigments from skins.
- Put through a sieve or cheesecloth to extract juice.
- Mix juice with sugar and cornstarch.
- Heat until boiling point and simmer until clear and thickened.
- Remove from heat and add wine.
- Serve warm and enjoy.
Syrup can be refrigerated and rewarmed in microwave.
Post Office Box 1138,
Penticton, BC, V2A 6J9
EMAIL: contact form
PHONE: 1 877 762 4652