Similar to a raisin bran muffin, but in a tasty loaf. Cinnamon can be used in place of the cardamom if preferred.
- 425 mL all purpose flour (1¾ cups)
- 175 mL brown sugar, lightly packed (¾ cup)
- 1 mL salt (¼ tsp)
- 30 mL baking powder (2 Tbsp)
- 5 mL baking soda (1 tsp)
- 5 mL cardamom (1 tsp)
- 175 mL All Bran® cereal (¾ cup)
- 250 mL BC Coronation grapes, sliced in half (1 cup)
- 1 egg 1
- 30 mL canola oil (2 Tbsp)
- 175 mL 1% milk (¾ cup)
- 5 mL vanilla extract (1 tsp)
- 125 mL unsweetened applesauce (½ cup)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Lightly mist a large loaf plan with cooking oil spray. (Or coat lightly with butter and flour.)
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, soda, cardamom and All Bran. Mix well. Stir in grapes.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine egg, oil, milk, vanilla and applesauce until well blended.
- Gently mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir to just combine. Batter will be lumpy. Do not over mix.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until fork inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes then remove from pan to a cooling rack. Slice when cold. Wrap in foil.
A wonderful brunch dish the whole family is sure to love and it's a snap to make! It's also a good dinner meal accompanied by bacon or ham and takes less of the cook's time than regular pancakes. This recipe serves 2 adults or 4 children. For four adult servings, double the ingredients and bake each batch in a separate pie dish at the same time.
- 1 cup (250 mL) Okanagan Coronation grapes
- ½ cup (125 mL) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- ½ cup (125 mL) flour
- dash of salt
- ½ cup (125 mL) milk
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C)
- Spray a 9-inch (23 cm) ovenproof glass pie dish with non-stick cooking oil.
- Sauté grapes, sugar and butter in skillet over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently until sugar is melted and grapes are well coated.
- Remove from heat.
- Add flour, salt, milk, and eggs to a bowl and beat with a hand mixer until combined.
- Add butter and grapes to glass pie dish. Pour egg batter evenly over grape mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes until pancake is golden brown and puffy.
- Cut in wedges and dust with icing sugar.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 2 adults or 4 children
Post Office Box 42,
Grand Forks, BC, V0H 1H0
EMAIL: contact form
PHONE: 1 877 762 4652